Bahan Alkitab: John 14
– Who is the Holy Spirit?
– The Bible teaches that God is one God in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. All three share the same nature and God is all three Persons at the same time.
– After Jesus Christ has risen from the death, He ascended to heaven and He promises to give another Helper, to be with us forever. God the Father and God the Son sent the God the Holy Spirit during Pentecost.
– The Holy Spirit who gives us the new hearts and makes us love and praise God
– We cannot believe in Jesus and obey him in our own power
– Even though we cannot see him, the Spirit is in our heart, speaking to our heart, transforming each life.
– The Holy Spirit is the greatest give from God to His children who trust in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
– The Holy spirit is a very special gift from God. He is God. Even though we can’t see the Holy Spirit (He doesn’t have a body like us), but he lives within each person in God’s family.
– The Holy Spirit would live in each child of God. The Holy Spirit would be with us always.
– The Holy Spirit would be our helper.
– Jesus remind us to not be troubled and afraid. Jesus wants us to trust Him.
– Jesus wants us to understand that after He returned to heaven, God the Holy Spirit would come and take the place of Jesus on earth in the lives of God’s people.
– The Holy Spirit will guide us step by step in our life and we need to depend on Him.
– John 14:26: The Helper, the Holy Spirit, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.
– Jesus is not going to leave us all alone. The Holy Spirit will take care of us just as Jesus has done.
– The Holy Spirit teaches us when we hear God’s word and make us strong to obey God
– He helps us remember God’s word and helps us to obey God.
– The Holy Spirit comforts us
– Everyone who received the Holy Spirit, they will have “fruit of Holy Spirit”. (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control)
John 14:16: “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever”