1. Colour the shepherd & sheep heads in page 2.
2. Cut them and paste in page 3.
Bahan Alkitab: John 3: 1-21; Genesis 3; Matthew 19:13-15
To recap last week from last week bible story :
– To remind the children how Adam and Eve have disobeyed God and sin against God.
– When they sin against God, they become God’s enemies and their relationship with God was broken
– example : Children play with HP but the HP does not work because it has no more battery and fan which no longer works because it is not connected to the electricity
– Everyone after them including us are sinners and we became God’s enemies
– However God made a promise to Adam and Eve that he would send us a special gift. God kept his promise and sent his only son Jesus so that we could now be part of God’s family not God’s enemies
– Everyone of us is born into a family and belong to a family. We cannot choose our parents, siblings. In our family, we have parents that could take care of us.
-When we are part of God’s family, we belong to Him. We can trust in Jesus knowing that he is our saviour to save us from our sins.
Today’s bible story, we are going to listen about a man who did not know how to be a part of God’s family. His name is Nicodemus, a pharisee, a religious ruler of the Jews. He was an important man who loved God’s word and taught it to the Jewish people.
Jesus who had grown up, went from place to place to heal the sick and do miracles and tell people about the word of God. Many people enjoy listening to what Jesus had to say.
One evening, when it was dark, Nicodemus came to Jesus and ask him some questions. He said: “Teacher, we know that you are teacher from God.” “No one can do the miracles that you do unless God is with You”.
Jesus did not answer Nicodemus’s question directly. Instead Jesus gave a surprising answer. “I tell you the truth, no one can see the Kingdom of God unless he is born again”.
Nicodemus did not understand what Jesus said. Nicodemus said: “If a person is a already old, how can he be born again?” “Does he have to become a little baby again?”
Jesus explained that you must be born again in Spirit through the God Holy Spirit which works in our heart to give us faith and new life. This is so that we can believe in Jesus who save us from our sins.
I would ask the children: “So when Jesus said to be born again, does it mean we go back to mummy’s tummy and mummy give birth to us again? No. To be born again means we become part of God’s family and it makes hate what God hate and do what God loves.
Nicodemus listened to what Jesus had said. He is finding hard to understand. He went home thinking about what Jesus said to him.
Why does Nicodemus need Jesus to save him? – Because he is a sinner who sin against God. We are also sinners who need Jesus to save us. We cannot save ourselves even our mummy and daddy cannot save us. Only through Jesus who did not sin and obeyed God and finally died at the cross so that we can be saved from our sins
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life
Bahan Alkitab: 2 Cor 7:1; 1Cor 1:30; 1 Thess 5:23; 1Cor 6:11; Rom 15;16; 2 Thess 2:13; 1Pet 1:2
Sanctification is a lifetime process is to be set apart or make holy before God.
1 Cor 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Regeneration Justification Sanctification – Sandra Kurniawan.docx
In Exodus 35-37, God gave all the detailed instructions to build the Tabernacle; the offerings, measurements, materials, as well as the workers.
On the word search file below, find all the 20 hidden words related to the Tabernacle.
You can either circle or highlight them.
Words are written vertically & horizontally.
Cutting and coloring.
1. Print out the template for the activity from the attached “pdf file” on white cardstock (if available).
2. Color and cut out the door hanger and all the sheep.
3. Paste the sheep on the green pastures.
4. Memorize the Bible verse.
5. Please refer to “jpg file” for sample of finished door hanger.
1. Cutting the mask according to the lines
3. Glue some cottons to the mask
4. Glue ice cream stick to the mask
Bahan Alkitab: Leviticus( priesthood and sacrificial system),Habakuk @:3,4, Proverb 3:11,12, Exodus 19,20. Hebrews 10-13.
Hebrews is written to Jewish Christians believers.
– The purpose is to have faith in the Gospel.
-To have faith in the heart of the Gospel which is Jesus Christ.
The Jews who is now Christians are familiar with the priesthood and sacrificial system of Judaism.
Moses lead them out of Egypt so that they are free from slavery and are able to worship God.
Therefore when they were out of Egypt , God told Moses to erect The Tabernacle- a portable temple . This is where God meet the Israelites once a year for the atonement of their sins.
There is 2 places inside : the Holy Place and Holy of Holies.
Only the consecrated High Priest can enter Holy of Holies, no one can enter, The High Priest has to be descendant of Aaron. once a year He will bring the blood of sacrificial animals for the forgiveness of the people.
Israel’s sin had continually interrupted God’s fellowship with His chosen people and Covenant people Israel.
Therefore ,He graciously established a system of sacrifice that symbolically represented the inner repentance of sinners and His Divine forgiveness. However the need for sacrifices never ended because the people and priest continued to sin .The need of all mankind was for a perfect priest and a perfect sacrifice that would once and for all actually remove sin. God’s provision for that perfect priest and sacrifice in Christ is the central message of Hebrews. Believers in Christ, as God’s perfect sacrifice for sin, have the perfect High Priest thru whose ministry everything is new and better than under the Covenant of law.
Christ is our perfect High Priest.
1. He is the only mediator between God and sinners. 1 Timothy 2:5
2. He sacrificed himself on the cross. He is the perfect lamb of God, John 1:29.
3. He redeemed His people through His own blood. Hebrews 9:12
4. Christ’s sacrifice once for all. Hebrews 10:10
We have confidence to enter the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus.we can pray , we can call Him our Father in Heaven. We can worship Him. We can read His words in the bible. because we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord and The Holy Spirit is in us.
How should we live?
We should live by faith. The righteous shall live by faith.
What is Faith?
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for , the conviction of things not seen.
In the Bible who lives by Faith .Abraham
God made his promised to Abraham. Genesis 12:1-3
1. God will make Abraham a big Nation
2. God will make his name great.
3. His offspring will become a blessing to all people.
How does Hebrews say we should live our lives now as a Christians in this world ?
we are to live as if we are running in a race . We need to lay aside weight and sin .Hebrews 12:1-2
Hebrews remind us to 1. Fix our eyes in Jesus Christ. 2. Live by faith.
we are so easily distracted , easily conform to the world . Do we dare to be different.
Teacher show student pictures of Tattoo that is more and more acceptable by the people . It is regarded as work of Arts .What did the bible say about this .
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Our body is important , we have to take care of our body too . we need to eat healthy, exercise ,do not abuse your body . It will be resurrected when Jesus Christ comes again the second time therefore our body is important , our spiritual lives is also important . We need to know the Words. When Satan tempted Adam and Eve , satan twisted the Word of God. Jesus when tempted He also used the Word written in the OT to chase away Satan.
I appeal to you therefore brothers, by the mercies of God,to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God,which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind ,that by testing you may discern what is the will of God. What is good and acceptable and perfect.
Questions to discuss :
1. Do you influence your friends or do your friends influence you?
2. What are your challenges in your everyday life?
3. As a Christian how do you overcome them?
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith , who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Bahan Alkitab: Exo 35:30-35; 36-37; 25:8-9
Points of Learning:
Cognitive: God initiated the building of the tabernacle that He may dwell in their midst.
Affective: Children are grateful that the Lord sent the Savior and dwells in their hearts.
Psychomotor: As God’s Children, they want to talk to God and read His words.
Cognitive: In making the tabernacle, God provided materials & skills for them. He guides them to acceptable ways of worship.
Affective: Children are grateful for God’s grace that as sinners they can come & worship God.
Psychomotor: Children learn to worship God in respect and holiness. e.g.: pay close attention in Sunday school.
…let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.
Bahan Alkitab: Matthew 4:1-11
Bible Truth: When Jesus was tempted by Satan, He quoted the Word of God to defeat the devil and triumph over temptation
Lesson Aim: to learn from the example of Jesus, asking Him to help us say no to temptation and obey God’s Word
– Tuhan Yesus lahir ke dunia ini untuk menjadi Juruselamat, suatu korban yang sempurna menggantikan kita mati di atas kayu salib.
– Setan berusaha menghalangi Yesus menjalankan misi dari Allah Bapa dan mencoba membuat Yesus jatuh ke dalam dosa.
– Tuhan Yesus melawan setan dengan senjata Firman Tuhan; walaupun setan juga mengutip Firman dengan pengertian yang salah dengan maksud agar kita meragukan Tuhan dan jatuh ke dalam dosa.
– Anak-anak juga mempunyai misi dari Tuhan (contoh: memelihara ciptaan Tuhan, menaati perintah Tuhan) dan setan juga berusaha menghalangi kita untuk memenuhi panggilan Tuhan tsb.
– Pencobaan yang kita alami itu biasa dan tidak pernah melampaui kekuatan kita (1 Kor 10:13). Hanya seringkali kita tidak bergantung kepada Tuhan dalam doa dan mengerti Firman Tuhan dengan benar sehingga mudah ditipu setan.
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation.
Bahan Alkitab: John 10:1-18
Jesus Cares for His People
– Allah memberikan AnakNya yg Tuggal, Yesus Kristus untuk mati di kayu salib untuk menebus dosa2 kita.
– Allah menjadikan kita menjadi anak-anak Allah dan memberikan iman kepada kita untuk percaya kepada Yesus Kristus dan menerima penebusan dari segala dosa.
– Allah juga akan memimpin dan menjaga anak-anakNya seperti gembala yang baik menjaga domba-dombanya.
– Yesus Kristus akan memanggil domba-domba Allah sesuai dengan namanya dan Dia mengenal setiap anak-anakNya secara pribadi. Dia akan memimpin dan menjaga mereka bahkan memberikan nyawaNya untuk mati di kayu salib untuk menyelamatkan mereka.
– Yesus Kristus adalah Gembala yang baik dan domba-dombanya akan mendengarkan, mengikuti pimpinan Tuhan dengan ketaatan penuh sebab mereka tahu bahwa Yesus Kristus akan menjaga mereka dan memberikan apa yang mereka perlukan.
– Gembala yang baik akan menjaga domba-dombanya. Dia akan memberikan makanan yg baik dan air yang menyegarkan. Dia akan menjaga dari binatang liar yang akan menyerang domba-dombanya.
– Tetapi pencuri (setan) datang hanya untuk mencuri dan membunuh dan membinasakan; Aku datang, supaya mereka mempunyai hidup, dan mempunyainya dalam segala kelimpahan.
– Yesus Kristus adalah Gembala yang baik dan kita adalah domba-dombanya. Dia akan memelihara kita setiap saat.
– Yesus Kristus mati di kayu salib dan menyelamatkan domba-dombanya dari ikatan dosa dan setan dan tidak ada yang dapat merebut kita dari kasih Allah.
– Kita dapat bersyukur kepada Allah, Yesus Kristus adalah Gembala kita yang baik yang menjaga kita. Marilah kita berjalan mengikuti Yesus dengan percaya kepada Dia, taat kepada Dia dan melakukan apa yang Dia katakan.
John 10:11: I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:11: I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Tuhan adalah gembala yang baik dan kita adalah domba2Nya.
Gembala yang baik mengenal setiap dombanya. Tuhan mengenal kita satu demi satu, Tuhan tahu apa yang kita perlukan.
Gembala yang baik menuntun dan menjaga dombanya, dan diwaktu ada bahaya tidak lari meninggalkannya. Tuhan menjaga dan mencukupkan kebutuhan kita sehingga kita tidak perlu takut dan kuatir.
Gembala yang baik rela mati untuk dombanya. Tuhan Yesus rela mati disalib untuk menebus dosa kita manusia.
Iam the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Bahan Alkitab: Matthew 3:13-17 ; John 1:29-34
– John told the people to turn away from sin
– John baptized people with water but water can not cleanse our sin
– John also baptized Jesus
– Jesus never sin
– God was pleased with Jesus
– Jesus is The Son of God
– Jesus obey God The Father
– Let us be like Jesus to obey God. Example: to listen and obey our parents
Jesus is The Son of God
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 35:30-35, 36-37
God commanded the Israelites, through Moses, to build the Tabernacle as the dwelling place of God among his people. God is the designer and the architect. He instructed Moses of how exactly he wanted them to build the Tabernacle. And the people obeyed God.
God provided the materials (through the people’s freewill offering), the skilled craftsmen, and the detailed instruction. The people gave wholeheartedly for this endeavor, and their offering continued pouring until Moses had to tell them to stop giving as they already had enough. God provided among the people the skilled craftsmen who were filled with the Holy Spirit, who had the skills and knowledge and were able to teach others.
The building of the Tabernacle also told the people how God wanted to be worshipped. He wants his people to follow his instructions in obedience. The Tabernacle shows us how our God is artistic, majestic, loves beauty and wants his house to reflect how beautiful, majestic and awesome he is! This week we learned about the Ark of the Covenant, the Table, the Lampstand and the Altar of Incense.
More importantly, the Tabernacle foreshadows the coming of Christ, who incarnated to live and dwell among his people 3,000 years later. He is the only gate through whom we could come to God, and the only perfect sacrifice that could redeem us from sin and death!
And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst. Exactly as I show you concerning the pattern of the tabernacle, and of all its furniture, so you shall make it.