Bahan Alkitab: Jude, Hebrew 4:12-16, 2 Thessalonians 2:10, Hebrew 10:9, 2 Peter 2:1-22, 1 John 2:18-23
God judges False teachers , believers must not only resist false teaching and immorality but also defend the faith and pursue devotion to God, confident that God will keep them.
Jude was written by Jude
The brother of Jesus Christ and James (Mathew 13:55, Mark 6:3)
But Jude called himself a servant of Jesus Christ to show his humility.
Written in mid 60’s AD
He became a believer after Jesus Christ resurrected.
Main points of Jude:
1. The church must contend the one true Faith
2. Christians must persevere to the end by resisting false teachers and follow the Truth until the end.
Christ has accomplish salvation , believers are to hold fast to Him and reject false ways.
vs 3 Christians must defend the doctrines of faith
Jude remind us 3 groups of people that receive judgement:
1. The Israelites who do not believe in God’s promised
2. The fallen angels , satan and his followers.
3. Sodom and Gomorah.
False teachers will be judged like them .Therefore we have to distinguish truth from lies.
1. They are in the church .Ephesians 2:8-9
2. They took this excuse to live immoral lives . we cannot keep sinning . If we keep sinning , the spirit of God is not in us. 1John 3:24.
1. relying on their dreams
2. Defile the flesh
3. Reject authority
4. Blaspheme the Glorious ones
Do not believe teachers who said they have spoken to God in their dreams . Pastors and teachers only teach the word of God, the bible which is the highest authority in Christian teaching. Sola scripture.
Charismatic and Catholic teachings are different . Dreams and what Pope said can be the authority of their doctrine.
During Jude time Gnostics tried to influence Christians doctrine in our belief of Jesus Christ.Gnostic believe material such as body is bad , spirit is good. This is contradicting the teaching of The Gospel. Jesus Christ is God incarnate into flesh , He has human body but He does not sin. He is also God therefore He could die on the cross to substitute for us so that we don’t have to be punished from eternal death . Our sins is forgiven , we are declared righteous and given eternal live solely by Grace through Jesus Christ.
Gnostics believe that spirit is good contradicting what Christians teaching about Satan . Satan is fallen angels who rebelled against God and they are spirits.
Therefore they deny our Master and Lord Jesus Christ.
Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ,this Jesus whom you crucified.
Because ,if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Again Jude warned us to wrong teachings that could kill our soul. He gave examples:
1. In the case of Cain and Abel. Cain kill Abel but cannot kill his soul.
2. In Case of Balaam . He cannot curse The Israelites but then He was successful to trick them with Moabites and Midianites women so they will worship foreign gods . This is abomination against God.
If they do not worship the true God then they will be perished , lost their souls, this is the most frightening.
Jude also remind the prophesy of end time vs 14,15,16. When Jesus come again the second time.
What must we do ?
To God be the Glory.
1. Who is Jude?
2. How do you identify false teachers?
3. Have you ever met another Christian who has a different teaching as told in GRII?
4. What is your response?
And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.