Bahan Alkitab: Luke 24 : 36-49 ; John 20 : 29
• When Cleopas and his friend met the other disciples, they said, “We have seen Jesus ! We walked and talked with Him. He is alive.”
• At that time, the disciples stayed in the house and locked the door because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders who have caught and killed Jesus. As they were talking, Jesus stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.”
• The disciples were very afraid. They think they were seeing a ghost. How could Jesus come in when the doors were locked?
• Jesus asked, “Why are you afraid? Why you don’t trust me? Look at my hands and my feet. It is Me. Touch me and see. A ghost doesn’t have flesh and bones as I have.”
• The disciples still couldn’t really believe Jesus was alive. But in their heart, they were joyful and amazed. They saw the marks left by the nails on the cross.
• Jesus said to them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” The disciples gave Him a piece of broiled fish and He ate it to show that He really was alive.
• Jesus taught them God’s word that He was the Savior God has promised. That He had to suffered and died. And on the third day rise from the death, so the sinners could be forgiven.
• Jesus said to the disciples, “Go and tell this message to everyone in the world. People must trust in Me and turn away from their sins to be forgiven. “You are Witness of these things. I will send Holy Spirit to give you power.”
• The disciples listened to Jesus. Now they understand that Jesus death and resurrection were part of God’s plan.
• What is Witness? A person who present, see, hear and give information that is true.
• The disciples were Witness of Jesus’ lives. They saw, heard, live their life with Jesus. They saw how Jesus healed the blind, how Jesus raised Lazarus, how Jesus died, and they saw Jesus Himself after He has risen.
• They excitedly told everyone the truth about Jesus. They were not afraid anymore. Even though, they may be beaten or put into jail they still told the Gospel. The disciples wrote about Jesus’ life and Jesus’ message in books.
• Now we read the books that the disciples wrote. That is Bible. We do not see with our eyes Jesus has risen from the death but Holy Spirit works in our heart so we can understand God’s word and believe. Jesus said “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
• Now Jesus call us to be His witness too. To tell Gospel to other people who have not believe in Jesus.
“I am the Living One. I died and behold I am alive forever.” (Rev 1 : 18a)