Bahan Alkitab: 1 John 3 – 4; John 13:34
Bible truth : God’s children show their love for Him by loving others.
Lesson focus: Jesus tells us to show love for God by loving others.
This week, we’d like to learn another command that Jesus asks us to obey. Love One Another.
God shows His love to us in two ways:
1. By His word – The Bible – He tells us how He loves us written in the Bible.
2. By actions: sending His own Son to die for us (the ultimate/greatest love of God) and how Jesus healed the
sick people or He brought Lazarus back to life.
Long time ago, Jesus’s disciple named John wrote a letter to God’s people, first, second and third John in the Bible. The Holy Spirit guided John so he could write what God wanted His people to know and obey.
John’s letter said:
• Let us love one another, for love comes from God.
• Everyone who loves – has been born of God and knows God.
• Whoever does not love, does not know God – because God is love.
• God showed His love by sending His ONLY SON into the world that we might live through Him (1 John 4 :
7 – 9).
God not only said “I love you” but He showed His love by sending Jesus to die on the cross for our sins and be our Savior. Jesus died so God would not have to punish His people for their sins.
God tells us to love one another. In the Ten Commandments, God told His chosen people to love Him wholeheartedly and to love their neighbors as themselves.
In Jesus – teaching, Jesus emphasized these commands in Matthew 22:37-39: to love God best and to love others as much as they love themselves.
Jesus taught His disciples “As I have loved you, so you must love one another” (John 13:34).
Here are some ways we can obey God’s command to show God’s love to others:
• we can share our food with our friend who forgot his/her lunch.
• we can give offering for the work of the church. Our offerings may help to buy Bibles for a church that
doesn’t have enough; or for churches to build their buildings that are broken; to help missionaries who tell
people about Jesus. Sharing our money is another way to show our love for God and others.
“We love because He first loved us” – 1 John 4:19. The source of our love is God and He has shown His love to us first so that we could show our love to others.
We can ask God’s help to make us willing to love others. When we show our love to others, people will know that we truly belong to God.
• We love because He first loved us – 1 John 4:19.
• God showed His love for us by His word and by sending Jesus to be our Savior.
• The greatest love of God is by sending Jesus to die on the cross to wash away all of our sins.
• God wants us to love HIM best and to love each other as we love ourselves.
• Jesus said “As I have loved you, you must love one another”.
• We can share what we have to others to show that we love them and others will know that we truly belong
1 John 4:7a
Love one another, for love comes from God