Bahan Alkitab: Exo 35:30-35; 36-37; 25:8-9
Points of Learning:
Cognitive: God initiated the building of the tabernacle that He may dwell in their midst.
Affective: Children are grateful that the Lord sent the Savior and dwells in their hearts.
Psychomotor: As God’s Children, they want to talk to God and read His words.
Cognitive: In making the tabernacle, God provided materials & skills for them. He guides them to acceptable ways of worship.
Affective: Children are grateful for God’s grace that as sinners they can come & worship God.
Psychomotor: Children learn to worship God in respect and holiness. e.g.: pay close attention in Sunday school.
…let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 35:1-2, 10-19,29; Numbers 2:1-2,17, Exodus 40:34-38; John 1:14
2021 Jan10 Living in God's presence – Linda Lioe.docx
Bahan Alkitab: Mat 2:1-12
Points of Learning:
Cognitive: Kingdom of God has come for the gentiles too. Led by a star from God, the Wise Men came to worship Him. They also give gifts.
Affective: Children thank God for calling them to be His children too.
Psychomotor: Children share what gifts they wanted to give to God.
Cognitive: The gifts of the Magi symbolize the offices of Christ as King and Priest. Jesus Himself fulfilled 3 offices as the best gift for His people.
Affective: Children thank God for coming to the earth to give us the gift of salvation.
Psychomotor: As His children while waiting for Christ’s second coming, they live life as good servants of God.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God
Bahan Alkitab: Luke 2:1-20
See file attached
SM P3-4 20 Dec A Savior is born – Linda Lioe
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 19:1-8, Romans 8:3-4, Colossians 3:17, Philippians 1:6
1. The Israelites were thankful to God when God delivered them out from Egypt. But they did not obey God’s commandments. Is God surprised that no one can keep His law? Of course God knows NO, but the 10 commandments shows us how desperately we need a savior.
2. Salvation first and then the 10 commandments. The 10 commandments pointed out Israel’s need of a Savior, just as the law points out our need of a Savior.
3. But the law doesn’t brings Salvation, God’s law is good and perfect, but it cannot bring salvation because of our sin. It doesn’t mean the law is the most difficult laws and not achievable.
4. Therefore, God sent His only Son who kept the law perfectly in thought, word and deed. Jesus took the punishment we deserve to die for us so that we can be justified.
5. What will you feel when you received the best present in the world? If they ask you to do something for them, how do you feel about doing it? We’d be glad to do what have been asked.
6. Just like God gave us His Son to clean our sins and gives us a new heart so we can trust Christ to save us. He puts his Holy Spirit within us, changing on the inside. We have a thankful heart to please God.
7. But how should we respond to that? By relying on Jesus Christ.
8. Does this means we can fully be away from sins? No, we still need Holy spirit to keep us away from sins. For those of us who respond to the call of the gospel, for those who have been justified, God does a work of grace in our hearts and minds, sanctify us. This process is called sanctification, to make us more to be like Jesus. The sins are no longer our master and that sin’s dominion has been destroyed.
9. Depending on Jesus means trusting him to do what is best for us. He has given us a new heart and he is working in us to give us everything we need to finally become what God saved us to become when Jesus comes back – perfect sons and daughters of God.
10. God commands us to do everything in the power of the Lord Jesus Christ. But what if we failed? We’ll feel sad, but we know that God has fulfilled it and we can repent and change.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 20:8-11
Exodus 31: 13
Deuteronomy 5: 12-15
God requires His people to keep one day holy to rest from work and worship Him
Like any other God’s creation, Sabbath day was created to reflect God’s glory
How to keep Sabbath Day holy? 3R (Remember, Rest, Refresh
We observe Sabbath day as Sunday, which is to celebrate Jesus Christ’s resurrection
Mark 12: 30 – 31
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 20: 15
Principle of the 8th Commandment:
FORBIDs TAKING AWAY MONEY OR POSSESSIONS UNLAWFULLY OR UNJUSTLY FROM OTHERS OR OURSELVES
REQUIREs US TO LAWFULLY GET MONEY & POSSESSIONS FOR OURSELVES AND OTHERS
Possessions can be time, talents and
treasure (money, things)
We need to surrender our heart to Lord
Jesus because our sin starts from our heart.
We steal because we don’t praise God
for what He has provided us.
Bahan Alkitab: Luke 1: 5 – 24; Luke 1: 57 – 80
God’s promise for a Messiah was progressively revealed to us, starting with Genesis. Including the promise to send a messenger who is John the Baptist.
God confirmed His promise once again in the last book in Old Testament, Malachi.
God is a faithful God; He fulfilled His promise.
We are to prepare our heart to receive God and salvation; to repent from our sins and turn away from sinning.
We are to learned from John the Baptist; to be used by God to prepare our friends’ heart to receive God’s salvation; to be humble and return everything to God’s glory.
Luke 1: 76 – 77
Bahan Alkitab: Mat 19:16-30, Mat 5:17-48
Points of Learning:
Cognitive: The rich young man thinks he is able to obey the 10 commandments to earn the eternal life.
Affective: Children realize they need the Lord Jesus to save them from sin.
Psychomotor: Children want to obey God for God’s glory alone.
Cognitive: As God’s people, we are to keep God’s law as a guidance how to live.
Affective: Children realize that obeying His laws is the right way to respond to the law.
Psychomotor: Children learn to self-examine in which laws they still don’t obey God.
Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
Bahan Alkitab: Exodus 20:17
SM P3-4 15 Nov Learning to be content – Linda Lioe