Bahan Alkitab: Luke 24 : 13-35
• On the day when Jesus’ tomb was found empty, two of Jesus’ disciples were on their way to a village called Emmaus. They were sad and lost hope. As they talked, a man came up and walked with them. It was Jesus but they couldn’t recognize Him. Jesus asked, “What are you talking about?”
• Then one of them, named Cleopas, answered Him, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who doesn’t know what have happened?” Jesus said, “What is it?”
• They said to Him, “Jesus, he was a prophet, who performed so many miracles and was a great teacher. We hope He would save us. But our priests and rulers crucified Him on the cross. Now it’s the third day since His death, some of our women friends went to the tomb early this morning and they did not find His body. They met angels who said that He was alive. Later other friends went to the tomb and found just as the women had said”
• And Jesus said to them, “Why don’t you believe? Did not Christ have to suffer these things and enter into His glory?”
• Jesus began to explain the Scriptures, how all the prophets point to Jesus.
• When they reach the village, they asked Jesus to stay with them as it’s already dark.
• When they sat in the table, Jesus took the bread, blessed and broke it and gave it to them. At that time, their eyes were opened and they know Him. And Jesus disappeared.
• They said to each other, “Weren’t we full of joy when He talked to us on the road and when He explained us the Scriptures?”
• They quickly got up and rushed back to Jerusalem even though it was late. They met the other disciples and excitedly told them what had happened. “Jesus truly has risen”
• Learning Points :
1. Jesus has risen ! Jesus showed Himself to Cleopas and his friend. They were changed. Once they lost hope but now they are full of hope and joy.
2. This is the greatest news. They can’t keep it for themselves and they must tell other disciples about it.
3. We rejoice that Jesus is alive. Just like the disciples, let’s tell this good news to other people too.
“I am the Living One. I died and behold I am alive forever.” (Rev 1 : 18a)